You are here:
Home > General Information > Background Checks
Sheriff’s Office Web Check Service for Background Checks
Now Available to General Public
Cuyahoga County – The Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office now offers background check service to the general public at its downtown Justice Center and Parma CCW License Office locations for persons interested in obtaining a background check on themselves for employment, license or certification purposes.
- Concealed Weapon Licensing Unit, 12100 Snow Road Suite 15, Parma (in the Auto Title Bureau) By Appointment only. To Schedule an appointment go to: www.cuyahogacountyccw.checkappointments.com For questions, feel free to contact us at (216) 443-5587.
- Records/Warrants, Justice Center, 3rd Floor, Sheriff’s Office - 1215 West 3rd Street, Downtown By Appointment only: 216-443-6080
Fees and Payment:
- Driver’s License or State issued I.D. Card
- Documentation indicating purpose of Request for Background Check
- Address of where Background Check is to be mailed.
Cashier’s Check or Money Order ONLY, made payable to: Cuyahoga County Treasurer.
No Cash, Personal Checks, Business Checks or Credit Cards.
Simple Cuyahoga County Record Check is $6.00
- OHIO Web Check (BCI): $35.00
- National Web Check (FBI): $35.00
- OHIO and National Web Check (BCI & FBI): $65.00
(Available only at the Records/Warrants location)