You are here:
Home > Corrections > Registration & Visitation
Registration & Visitation
Prior to scheduling a visit, visitors must register. Registration can be achieved in-person or online.
In person registration is available Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:15pm. In person registration is not available on holidays.
Online registration can be done at http://sheriff.cuyahogacounty.us/en-US/visitor-registration.aspx
Please note: Visitors cannot visit the same day they register
Visitations are by appointments only.
For appointments call:
216-698-2717 (Select option #1 and then option #6) or in person Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Appointments can be made up to one week in advance, but must be made at least one day prior to the visitation day.
Rules for Visitation
- Visitors may only visit once per scheduled visitation day
- Visitors must be 18 years old and have one of the following forms of identification at each visit:
- Valid driver's license
- Government issued ID with picture, i.e.: Passport or Active Military ID
- Valid temporary driver’s license
- Valid Ohio I.D. card issued by the Ohio BMV
- NOTE: Food stamp ID cards or broken ID cards will not be accepted. No exceptions.
- A person formerly incarcerated at the Cuyahoga County Corrections Center, or other correctional facility, is prohibited from visiting unless the period from release is over one month. (Parents and/or Grandparents of the inmate may visit and are exempt from this rule. Spouses are also exempt but they must provide a copy of the marriage license.)
- Any exceptions must be approved by the Warden.
- Minors under the age of 5 years old will not be permitted within the Corrections Center.
- A registered parent or legal guardian must accompany minors. Proof of guardianship must be shown for every visit i.e. Birth Certificate. A maximum of two minors per adult is permitted. (minors under 5 years old will not be permitted to visit)
- Visitors may visit once per scheduled day.
- Visits will be 15 minutes in length.
- Inmates will receive a maximum of 30 minutes of visitation per week.
- Special visits may be applied for in the Wardens' Office Monday thru Friday (no holidays) 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. These visits are for people from out of town or have special circumstances approved by the Warden. This is a one-time visit for 30 minutes. Any subsequent visits must be scheduled on the inmates’ designated dates and times.
- A 15 Minute grace period is allowed. Any time beyond that grace period, visits will be canceled.
- Contraband: Cellular Phones or other communication devices, intoxicants, drugs, weapons, parts of weapons, ammunition of any type and escape paraphernalia are prohibited in the visitation area. Conveyance of such items will result in criminal prosecution under Ohio Revised Code 2921.36
All Visitors, including minors, will adhere to the following dress code or visitation will not be permitted:
- Hats, scarves, outer jackets, coats, vests, hoodies, purses, wallets, cell phones and keys must be secured in a locker before entering for your visit.
- Full length shirts and shoes must be worn.
- No tank tops, spaghetti straps, muscle shirts, pajamas, tube tops or bare midriffs. This goes for both males and females.
- No provocative or revealing clothing is allowed. No holes, rips including shoulder cut-outs, open backs or opened sides. No plunging neck lines, nothing that is sheer and no see-through clothing of any kind, including spandex.
- Shorts and skirts must be no more than 1 ½” above the knee. No mini-skirts or daisy duke shorts.
- All undergarments must be worn and there must be no showing of any under garments.
- No drug related, gang related, sexually explicit, offensive or profane language or pictures are allowed on your clothing.
Termination of Visit
Visits may be terminated under the following circumstances if the visitor:
- Appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Refuses to submit to search procedures
- Checks in past the 15 minute grace period of their scheduled visit
- Refuses or fails to produce sufficient identification
- Falsifies information
- Fails to prevent children from disturbing other persons in the visitation waiting area or visitation room or leaves a juvenile unattended
- Conveys prohibited items into the visitation area
- Has a past history of being disruptive at the Corrections Center
Visiting Days and Times
Male & Female A-E
Monday - 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Wednesday - 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Male & Female F-K
Monday - 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Wednesday - 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Male & Female L-R
Tuesday - 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Thursday - 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Male & Female S-Z
Tuesday - 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Thursday - 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Friday - 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Friday - 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM